The Houston Colonoscopy Center:
A Leader in Colorectal Treatment
By detecting and removing polyps and identifying early cancers, colonoscopy is highly effective in preventing cancer of the colon.
At The Houston Colonoscopy Center, we specialize in diagnosing, evaluating and treating various gastroenterology-related disorders such as polyps/tumor removal, colon cancer screening and hemorrhoids.
Are You a Candidate for Colonoscopy?
- Healthy men or women, age 50 or older
- African American men or women, age 45 or older
- Do you have a personal or family history of colon polyps or colon cancer?
- Do you have unexplained change in bowel habits or abdominal symptoms?
- Are you diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s Disease)?
- Do you have blood in the stool or on the toilet paper?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a candidate for this procedure. Learn more
What is a Colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy is an effective and common method of examining the full lining of the colon and rectum, using a flexible, tubular instrument. Most procedures are done on an outpatient basis with minimal inconvenience and discomfort.